Friday, August 5, 2016

Flashback Friday| Regina's Denim Shirtdress

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hello Friends!  A feature I plan to have on my blog is "Flashback Friday!" On Fridays I will feature projects that I completed in the past before this blog was created.  Today's Friday Flashback is "Regina's Denim Shirtdress." 





What I Used:
I made this dress using McCall's 6885 pattern and navy denim fabric I purchased from Walmart.  I love the low/high shirttail hem! 

What I Did:
 I cut view D in a size 8.  I only read the pattern instructions for the front button packet.  Those instructions were easy to follow.  I made several changes to my version of the dress:

1. Added a leather trim and dungree buttons to the left side of the front button packet!

2. Made wider and shorter tie ends for the attached tie belt. 

3. The shirttail hem on this dress was too long for me. Therefore I altered the lenght by making the front hem above my knee and the back hem low at the top of my claves. I think stylish!

4. I did not add the tabs on the sleeves!

Tell me what you think of this dress in the comment section below.  Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. What a smart idea - to place leatherette inside the dress. It looks wonderful and adds quite a nice edge to the dress.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.