Friday, August 12, 2016

Flashback Friday| A Safari Shirt

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!  This is Flashback Friday and I will share with you "ASafari Shirt" from April 2015!  My sewing goal for 2015 was to learn to make a classic shirt that fit my petite frame. 

What I Used:
I used Butterick Pattern 5678, which in now out-of print.  

I chose this pattern because it is semi-fitted, features shoulder princess seams, offers pattern alteration lines for petite sizing and A/B, C, D cup sizes.  These were great pattern details for fitting!  My fabric choice was a beautiful linen/cotton blend from Hancock Fabric.

What I Did:
I cut View B, featuring the button tab belt carriers, in a size 10 using a B cup.
I enrolled in a class from Craftsy the Classic Tailored Shirt.  I flat-felled all my seams, carefully placed and stitched a pocket and pinned-eased the sleeves into the armhole for stitching.  I only looked at the pattern instrutions for pattern layout and used the pattern alteration lines for petite sizing. 

 Share your thought with me on the shirt in the comment section below.  See you next post!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with Faye. An absolutely beautiful shirt. I love the sheer fabric, because it shows your workmanship. And the sheer white shirt is so in fashion at the moment. I have that pattern, and may make it up this year - McCall's has just put out a similar "jacket" pattern, but this looks as though it has a nicer fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah Liz! I am going to search for that "jacket" pattern in McCall's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.