Friday, September 2, 2016

Flashback Friday| My Favorite Blouse

Follow my blog with Bloglovin 
Hi everyone!  I am currently participating in the SewPhotoHop on Instagram.  Today's photo topic is "favorite sewing skill."  My favorite sewing skills are making ruffles and applying binding!!!!!  Ruffles just scream girly-girl cuteness to me and binding is such a lovely detail element to add any sewing project.  So this Flashback Friday I share with you my most favorite sewing project featuring ruffles and binding:

My Favorite Blouse: McCall's Pattern 5929


What I Did:
I had so much fun making this blouse.  It was a fitted blouse with darted front and back, front band, front ruffles and shaped hemline.  I made the view option A with a stand-up collar and eblow sleeves with band.

I adored the gathers at the cap and lower edge of the sleeves. The binding was a style element I added to the project myself!  I was so proud of this blouse because McCall's Pattern Company featured my blouse on their blog after I made it!

What is your favorite sewing skill?  Share it with me in the comment section below.  Have much fun sewing this month because it is National Sewing Month!

2 comments:

  1. I think I remember this blouse, or maybe the New Look one with puff sleeves. This is gorgeous - so much work in the binding and ruffle. And you get it to look good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Liz, I had forgot about the New Look puff sleeve blouse. Wore it to pieces too! Thank you so much for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.