- The word denim is an Americanization of the French name "serge de Nimes," a fabric which originated in Nimes, France during the Middle Ages. In 1864, Webster's dictionary listed the shortened English version: DENIM.
- Jean vs Denim: During the 19th century, jean was used in fine clothing, denim was a separate fabric reserved for work clothes!
- Authentic blue denim takes its characteristic color from interweaving indigo (blue) and white threads.
- The average price of a pair of jeans is $45.00.
- George W. Bush banned blue jeans for the Oval Office in 2001!
Come back during the week and see: Denim or a denim look-alike fabric will be featured in the handmade projects I share with you.