Hello friends! This is my Amigurumi Honey Bee.
I think of honey bees as tiny, productive insects happily focusing on the goal of finishing a product which is making honey. I think of myself as a busy little bee when working with my craft projects! So I just had to make this very cute amigurumi honey bee!
What I Used:
Cute Bee Crochet Pattern by Michele Wilcox for Red Heart Yarn.
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn Yellow
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn Black
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn White
- N-13 (9mm) Crochet Hook
- Split-Lock Stitch Marker
- Fabric Glue
- 2 Wiggle Eyes
- 1 Red Chenille Stem
- Yarn Needle
- Head and Body: I worked in continuous rounds of single stitch crochet without joining unless otherwise indicated. I placed a marker in the first stitch of round and moved it up each round.
- Wings: I made 2 wings using single, half double, and double crochet stitches. I sewed the wings to the back of the body using white yarn.
- Legs: I made 6 legs using single stitch crochet. I sewed legs to body using black yarn.
- Feeders: I made 2 feeders using slip stitch crochet. I sewed feeders to head using black yarn.
- The pattern suggest purchased black buttons for eyes. However I purchased cute wiggle eyes and glued them in place.
- The pattern also suggested a hand-stitched red mouth. I chose to use a curved piece of red chenille stem for the mouth which I glued in place.
This is my first amigurumi project but it will not be my last. I had so much fun making this bee! Have you tried an amigurumi project and what did you make?