Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Needlecraft Wednesday| Crochet Amigurumi Honey Bee


Hello friends!  This is my Amigurumi Honey Bee. 


I think of honey bees as tiny, productive insects happily focusing on the goal of finishing a product which is making honey.  I think of myself as a busy little bee when working with my craft projects!  So I just had to make this very cute amigurumi honey bee!

What I Used:
Cute Bee Crochet Pattern by Michele Wilcox for Red Heart Yarn.
  • 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn Yellow
  • 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn Black
  • 1 Skein Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn White
  • N-13 (9mm) Crochet Hook
  • Split-Lock Stitch Marker
  • Stuffing
  • Fabric Glue
  • 2 Wiggle Eyes
  • 1 Red Chenille Stem
  • Yarn Needle
What I Did:
  • Head and Body:  I worked in continuous rounds of single stitch crochet without joining unless otherwise indicated.  I placed a marker in the first stitch of round and moved it up each round.
  • Wings:  I made 2 wings using single, half double, and double crochet stitches.  I sewed the wings to the back of the body using white yarn.
  • Legs:  I made 6 legs using single stitch crochet.  I sewed legs to body using black yarn.
  • Feeders:  I made 2 feeders using slip stitch crochet.  I sewed feeders to head using black yarn.
  • The pattern suggest purchased black buttons for eyes.  However I purchased cute wiggle eyes and glued them in place.
  • The pattern also suggested a hand-stitched red mouth.  I chose to use a curved piece of red chenille stem for the mouth which I glued in place.
This is my first amigurumi project but it will not be my last.  I had so much fun making this bee!  Have you tried an amigurumi project and what did you make?

Glad you stopped by.  Come back to Handmade By Regina on Friday to see a Fabulous Apron!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.