Hi everyone! Here are my handmade Crochet Skull Pot Holders!
What I Used:
Skullholders by Kacy Fallon by Michele Wilcox featured in the book Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller.
- 2 Skeins Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Black
- 1 Skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Hot Pink
- 1 Skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Hot Blue
- E-4 (3.50mm) Crochet Hook
- Split-Lock Stitch Marker
What I Did:
- From my pairs of choice colors, Black & Hot Pink or Black & Hot Blue, I choose Black for the main color and Hot Pink or Hot Blue for the accent color.
- The potholder is made in two pieces! 1. The squared, graphed skull pattern piece, 2. A squared black/hot pink or black/hot blue backing piece which are joined together with single crochet stitching. The layered pieces are need to protect hands from the heat of a hot pot!
|Back Sides of Potholders|
- I worked the graphed skull pattern in single stitch crochet, changing color throughout the process!
- I worked the backing piece, in 15 rows of Black and 15 rows of Hot Pink or Hot Blue in signle stitch crochet.
- I layered the graphed skull piece to the backing piece with single stitch crochet along the edges and added a loop for hanging.
- My finished Skull Pot Holders measured 9 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches tall.
Glad you stopped by! Return Friday for a Fabulous Apron.