Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Needlecraft Wednesday| Crochet Skull Pot Holders


Hi everyone!  Here are my handmade Crochet Skull Pot Holders!


What I Used:
 Skullholders by Kacy Fallon by Michele Wilcox featured in the book  Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller.
  • 2 Skeins Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Black
  • 1 Skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Hot Pink
  • 1 Skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Yarn Hot Blue
  • E-4 (3.50mm) Crochet Hook
  • Split-Lock Stitch Marker

What I Did: 
  • From my pairs of choice colors, Black & Hot Pink or Black & Hot Blue, I choose Black for the main color and Hot Pink or Hot Blue for the accent color.
  • The potholder is made in two pieces! 1. The squared, graphed skull pattern piece, 2. A squared black/hot pink or black/hot blue backing piece which are joined together with single crochet stitching. The layered pieces are need to protect hands from the heat of a hot pot!
Back Sides of Potholders
  • I worked the graphed skull pattern in single stitch crochet, changing color throughout the process!
  • I worked the backing piece, in 15 rows of Black and 15 rows of Hot Pink or Hot Blue in signle stitch crochet.
  • I layered the graphed skull piece to the backing piece with single stitch crochet along the edges and added a loop for hanging.
  • My finished Skull Pot Holders measured 9 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches tall.
Glad you stopped by!  Return Friday for a Fabulous Apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.