Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sewful Sewing Sunday| The Cherry Print Betty Blouse



Hello Friends!  Here is my Cherry Print Betty Blouse.  A blouse made with just two pattern pieces, The Betty is a quick and simple project with a pintuck detail, flutter sleeves and a flattering fit.

What I Used:
The Betty Blouse: An exclusive pattern from Simply Sewing Magazine, it came with my July 2016 issue 18 of the magazine.  Gertie Fabric Collection, Cherries on Aqua Rayon Challis.

What I Did:
I made no alterations to this pattern!  I love the pretty pintucks on this blouse!  I took the time to "thread mark" the pintuck markings on my blouse front.  This made folding and stitching the pintucks a breeze!  I also took the time to cut and make 1/2 inch single fold bias tape from my challis fabric to finish the neckline.  I felt that an over-the counter purchased bias tape would be to heavy for the neckline.

I am so pleased with my finished blouse!  This pattern is definitely a staple for my pattern collection!



2 comments:

  1. Love your pintucks and the print Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this magazine, and the blouse pattern. It's very pretty, the pintucks make the garment. And all so neatly done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.