Friday, November 4, 2016

Sewing| Stripped Denim Sweatshirt



Hi Friends!  Today I share my Stripped Denim Sweatshirt.  I love to wear sweatshirts.  

What I Used:
McCall's Pattern 6992.  Heather Deep Navy Blue and Natural White Stripe Cotton French Terry Knit, purchased from Hobby Lobby.  Denim Look Stretch Jersey Knit, purchased from Hobby Lobby.

What I Did:
I wanted to make a sweatshirt without a lower band.  I also needed a pattern with a neckline and shoulder width that fit my petite upper body frame.  This pattern meets those requirements!

I removed 1 inch length from the shirt.  I found it difficult to attach the cuff bands to the sleeves because the cuff bands would not fill around the circumference of the armhole panel of my sewing machine.




Do you wear sweatshirts and have you made one?  Leave me a reply in the Comment Section below.  Return on Sunday to see a Simple Pull-On Jersey Knit Denim Maxi Skirt!

2 comments:

  1. A very smart sweatshirt - you can't go wrong with stripes. I often find that banded cuffs don't go around the free arm - you have to sew into them instead. A bit more fiddly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.