Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Needlecraft Wednesday| The Joy of Crochet

Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

Hi friends! I am about to reveal a secret. Crochet is My Favorite Craft!

I find crochet creative and calming.  I enjoy the repetitive, soothing motion of applying a smooth, steel hook to soft, luscious yarn to create beautiful, handmade projects that I thankfully cherish!

Minnie Mouse Socks


Minnie Mouse Ears Cap

In 2006 I decided I wanted to learn to crochet!  I enrolled in an official class with a broad certificated teacher through Knox County Schools, Knoxville, TN; Adult Education Program. 

Basket Weave Cap

Regina's Little Shrug

I am so thankful for the basic skills of crochet I acquired thought that class:
  • Crochet lingo and how to read a crochet pattern. 
  • Getting to know the hooks.
  • Choosing yarns and how to read a yarn label.
  • Mastering basic stitches: chain stitch, single crochet, slip stitch, half-double crochet, double crochet and triple crochet.
Beaded Tiered Purse

Wine Bottle Bag
Friends, I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my crochet projects.  Please return for Fabulous Apron Friday.  Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that shrug is totally impressive!!! All of your work was very good and you've obviously gained some serious crochet skills!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.