Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Sewing| Tried And True Denim Skirt



Hi Friends!  Today I am posting my Tried And True Denim Skirt which I am in love with.  I wanted a denim skirt in my wardrobe, I came across this stretch denim fabric and knew it would make an amazing skirt. The fabric is from Hancock Fabric, now sadly out-of-business. The pattern is FANTASTIC!  It fits me straight from the envelope with no alterations.  I plan to make this one again and again.


What I Used:
 Simplicity Pattern 2215 by designer, Cynthia Rowley.  Dark Blue Stretch Denim, purchased from Hancock Fabrics.

What I Did:
The pattern instructions are very easy to follow.  There is an invisible zipper on the left side of the skirt that is inserted in the pocket seam!  I plan to use this technique in my self-drafted skirts with pockets!  Ms. Rowley has intentlonally placed pleats that are NOT evenly spaced or folded in this skirt.  At first this freaked the perfectionist in me out! 






Do you have a TNT (Tried and True) Pattern?  Tell me about it in the Comment Section below. Return Friday for A Fabulous Stripped Denim Sweatshirt!

2 comments:

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.