Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Apron Making| Motor Speedway Apron

Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

Hello friends!  Today, I share with you my handmade Motor Speedway Apron!


Did you know that I am a NASCAR Fan?  I simply love the sport.  I'm a fan of Jimmie Johnson, seven-times champion at NASCAR's highest level, driver of #48 Lowe's.  I've cheered the drivers from the stands of the Kentucky Speedway and the Bristol Motor Speedway.  Well heck, I've even participated in a drive-along on the Kentucky Speedway because I'm just that kind of girl! (Hahaaaa)


What I Did:  I drafted the apron pattern from the book, "The Perfect Apron" by Rob Merritt.  I simply adore this waist apron with its victory lane patchwork to which I added green bias trimming to signal a beautiful start, like the green flag waving a the speedway.  I underlined my apron in black and white check, symbolic of the winner's flag!


What I Used:
1. Novelty Cotton Fabric - Victory Lane Patchwork from Joann Fabric.
2. Keepsake Calico - Cotton Fabric - Large Check, Black and White from Joann Fabric.
3. Green Bias Tape.

I wonder if Danica Patrick, the most successful woman in the history of American open-wheel racing, driver of #10  Aspen Dental, would like this apron?!?  Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.