Thursday, July 27, 2017

Quilting| English Paper PiecingTravel Kit

Hello everyone!  I have fallen in love with a new craft, English Paper Piecing, a hand stitched technique that uses templates cut in a variety of shapes to create beautiful patchwork pieces.  For my first project, I have made an English Paper Piecing Travel Kit following the tutorial of Haley Pierson-Cox creative head of the blog Red-Handled Scissors.


What do I love about English Paper Piecing (or EPP for short)?  To my great surprise, I totally love the hand stitching.  In this project I learn how to tack stitch, whip stitch and ladder stitch!  Working with hexagons to make the pretty patchwork flower was delightful.


I also love that English Paper Piecing is very portable craft.  An EPP project fits nicely into my little travel kit and I can happily work on that project during a long car ride, waiting in the doctor's lobby or even on my lunch break it work!


Click here (Tutorial: English Paper Piecing Travel Kit) to link to Haley's tutorial.

Thanks for visiting with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.