Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Quilting| Slash & Half-Square Triangle Quilt Blocks

Hi friends!  I have been away from blogging for quite some time.  I am returning but keeping it very simple.  Here we go.... I'm working on quilt blocks from the Craftsy Block of the Month 2012 Feature with Amy Gibson.  I plan to make 20 blocks that technique - half-square triangles, string quilting, basic applique, foundation and English paper piecing, curved piecing and more.  In the end I plan to have a colorful throw-sized quilt!  Here are the blocks I have made in July 2017:


Block 1: The Aterisk Block - This is a "slash" block.


Block 2: The Wonky Pound Sign Block - This is also a "slash" block.


Block 3: The Balkan Puzzle Block - I made this block using the magic half-square triangle method used by Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company.


Block 4: The Chunky Chevron Block - I made this block using the drawn-line half square triangle method.  I used Fons & Porter Quarter Inch Seam Markers to make line drawing a breeze.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kindly welcomed. Thank you for posting.